In the last decade, acclaimed music minister Martha Munizzi has risen to the upper reaches of the Christian and Gospel music spheres, becoming an in-demand worship leader, songwriter, and speaker across the United States and beyond. The award winning music star checked in with your boy’s here at GospelLyfe.com to answer our 5 Questions…See what she had to say when you…
An energetic and praise-filled woman of God, Munizzi has captured the hearts of gospel music lovers with songs like “Say The Name”, “Glorious”, “Because Of Who You Are” and “Jesus Is The Best Thing (That’s Ever Happened To Me)”. Martha Munizzi has become a household name in the Christian music industry.Singlehandedly,
the GRAMMY Award Nominee and Dove and Stellar Award Winner has literally changed the face of the inspirational genre. With her dynamic and unapologetic style of praise and worship, she touches the very heart of the believer. Not only have lives been changed through her ministry, but she has savored the success of it as well, becoming the best-selling independent artist in the history of gospel music, selling over 500,000 units.
Having performed with the best and brightest in Christendom, Munizzi has ministered with Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, Benny Hinn, CeCe Winans and Bishop T.D. Jakes. She’s been seen on the Trinity Broadcasting Network and the Daystar Television Network.
She was tapped to perform on BET’s Celebration of Gospel and appeared in the movie, The Gospel. An artist picked to perform on the coveted “Sisters In The Spirit” Tour, Munizzi joined Yolanda Adams, Kelly Price, Juanita Bynum, RiZen and Sheila E. on the sold-out tour. She was also the first ever non African American winner of a Stellar Award.
1. Why Gospel? It’s simple. I’m a fan of Gospel Music. Well its what I listen to. Literally all I listened to before starting in the music ministry. At first it was Southern Gospel because that’s the enviornment my parents preached in. Later on I was introduced to Choir music and I fell in love. Ricky Grundy, John P. Kee and Richard Smallwood. those were my favorites. I knew this is where I belonged and God cultivated that.
2. If you were not a artist what would you be? Definately would be something creative in the beauty industry. Probably Hairstyling or Make up.
3. Who is your dream duet partner? I’d love to work with Vickie Winans or CeCe Winans. It’s funny cuz Donnie McClurkin is a great friend of mine but I’ve never recorded with him on any of my projects. I’d love to work with him. We’re going to make that happen!
4. What’s the 1st tape/album you remember buying? I was working at Prisma Magazine and was going through the tapes that were left over in the prize closet when I came across the Ricky Grundy Mass Choir. I didnt actually buy that one, but I listened to it and it changed my life forever. I knew this was the music I was supposed to minister. This was it.
5. What’s the best dish you prepare? I love Paula Deen. So anything that she makes, i usually copy. My family loves my pot roasts.
CLICK HERE to read story
article courtesy of GospelLyfe.com
Originally seen on http://praisecleveland.com/