Indy News: Boy Swallowed By Indiana Dunes Sinkhole; BMV Now Issuing $3.50 Credit

Comments:  | Leave A Comment

WTLC-AM LOGO

Firefighters Battle Multiple Weekend Fires

Indianapolis firefighters were kept busy early Sunday battling fires at a vacant home and vacant business.

The first fire broke out just after midnight. at a building in the 2800 block of North Delaware Street.

That fire was under control in about 45 minutes.

A separate fire at a home in the 1100 block of North Hamilton Avenue sparked about 2:30 that morning.

There were no injuries in either fire. The damage to the home was estimated at $100,000.

BMV Now Issuing $3.50 Credit

The Bureau of Motor Vehicles is now paying back motorists that were overcharged for their driver’s license.  The department says anyone who paid too much will receive a three-dollar-and-50-cent credit next time they go to the BMV.

The mistake was discovered after a lawsuit was filed in March claiming the BMV had been overcharging for driver’s licenses since 2007.

Couple Found Dead In Muncie Home

Police on Sunday released details of an apparent murder-suicide that resulted in the deaths of a woman and her ex-boyfriend.

Delaware County sheriff Office said Marty Reese came to the home of Casey Krebs a little after 6 p.m. and fired a warning shot into the ceiling before telling her to get on the floor.

Krebs was then shot in the back of the head before Reese turned the gun on himself.

The bodies were discovered after neighbors saw Reese’s truck in the driveway and went to check on Krebs.

Police said the weapon used in the killing had been reported stolen and that Krebs’ new boyfriend had been in the home at the time Reese arrived.

Boy Swallowed By Indiana Dunes Sinkhole

A 6-year-old boy who spent more than three hours under 11 feet of sand after being swallowed by a massive Indiana dune is doing well as he recovers in a Chicago hospital.

Nathan Woessler was with his family on top of Mt. Baldy near Michigan City, in an area that had been roped off when he fell in a sinkhole Friday.

The boy’s family tried to dig him out, he kept sinking deeper.

More than 50 firefighters and private contractors dug with their hands and equipment for four hours until the boy was found.

He is still in critical condition at a Chicago Hospital but doctors say his outlook is very good.

The News on AM1310 and PraiseIndy.com is Powered by NewsOne.com

Join the Conversation! Share and Discuss!

Tags: » » » » » » » » » » »

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 10,954 other followers