If you’re a fan of outstanding singers who present classic soul music, you definitely have Marsha Ambrosius on your treasured list. Her velvety voice has graced songs such as “Say Yes”, “Getting Late” and the late great Michael Jackson hit “Butterflies.“
Since her time with the hit-making duo Floetry, Marsha has excelled into solo-dom gearing up for the release of her highly anticipated album, Late Nights, Early Mornings this February. Her second single, “Far Away” (produced by Just Blaze) just premiered the video and has sparked much discussion across the social media sites. The visually emotional stirring video touches on topics that are reported about regularly in our local newspapers and nightly news programs.
- I am thankful that this video has opened eyes and started a discussion between REAL PEOPLE with their opinions (cont) http://tl.gd/80uudu about 5 hours ago via TwitLonger Beta
If you haven’t seen the video, it highlights a love story that you may or may not expect but is very real in the world we live in. I commend Ms. Ambrosius because she and the director depict a “true life” story. I also applaud her for not being afraid to bring this to light. The truth about suicide, gay-bashing, love and self-acceptance are issues that are very important to address instead of being silent.
Did you know that suicide ranks number 11 in deaths according to the Centers of Disease and Control Prevention? The statistics of suicide are alarming. The organization, SAVE (Suicide Awareness Voices of Education) shares a list of suicide facts that if you don’t know, you should.
- Suicide takes the lives of nearly 30,000 Americans every year.
- Many who attempt suicide never seek professional care.
- There are twice as many deaths due to suicide than HIV/AIDS.
- Between 1952 and 1995, suicide in young adults nearly tripled.
- Over half of all suicides occur in adult men, ages 25-65.
- In the month prior to their suicide, 75% of elderly persons had visited a physician.
- Suicide rates in the United States are highest in the spring.
- Over half of all suicides are completed with a firearm.
- For young people 15-24 years old, suicide is the third leading cause of death.
- Suicide rates among the elderly are highest for those who are divorced or widowed.
- 80% of people that seek treatment for depression are treated successfully.
- 15% of those who are clinically depressed die by suicide.
- There are an estimated 8 to 25 attempted suicides to 1 completion.
- The highest suicide rate is among men over 85 years old: 65 per 100,000 persons.
- 1 in 65,000 children ages 10 to 14 commit suicide each year.
Click here for more suicide facts
Are you or someone you know in crisis and need someone to talk to? Help is available if you feel alone and have no where to turn or no one to talk to. Reach out.
Click here for the SUICIDE HOTLINES
We would like to continue to bring to light this type of discussion to ELEV8 us into a better you and me.
Author Terrance Dean speaks on Gay Teen Suicide
8 Signs You Are Under Spiritual Attack
How did Gospel Artist Tonex Become Gay Activist B-Slade?
Deitrick Haddon Ex-wife, Damita Haddon, Finally Breaks Her Silence!
How much does it cost to field a car in the Indy 500?
Israel Houghton Reveals Divorce From Wife, Accepts Blame: ‘I Failed And Sinned In My Marriage’
TV Mom Comes Out About Being Gay!
Kierra Sheard-Kelly Talks Pregnancy ‘I Felt The Presence Of God This Time Around’
The Real Deal About Setbacks vs Comebacks | Dr. Willie Jolley