Lunch is a wrap with this wonderful way to serve up tasty tortillas. Tender chicken breast, crunchy coleslaw, chopped peanuts, and a sweet and savory dressing make the most of your midday meal with these yummy wraps.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 green onions, cut into slivers
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) chopped peanuts
- 4 large (10-inch/25 cm) flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL )sesame oil
- 1 small clove garlic (or less — to taste)
- Dash hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a small saucepan, simmer the chicken breasts in the chicken broth over low heat for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from broth and let cool completely. (If you’re using leftover grilled or roasted chicken, skip this step.)
- When the chicken is cool, shred it, by hand, into long shreds — just pull the chicken apart along the grain of the meat. Place in a bowl. Add the cabbage, green onions, carrot and cilantro and toss to mix.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together all the ingredients for the peanut dressing until smooth and creamy. Pour this mixture into the chicken salad and toss to coat.
- Lay a tortilla on a plate and spoon 1/4 of the chicken mixture onto the middle of the tortilla. Sprinkle with some of the chopped peanuts, fold in the bottom and top, and then fold over the sides as tightly as possible. If you’re eating immediately, cut the wrap diagonally in half and serve. If you’re planning to eat it later, wrap securely in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.