Aretha Franklin was an icon that so many will never forget. Fred Hammond spoke about being from Detroit just like Aretha and how proud she was of it. He watched her transition from “Ri-Ri” to Aretha Franklin.
Fred even recalls the day listening to the radio and crowned the Queen Of Soul. She set a trend like no one has ever and even spoke about how she would talk to fans while doing her own grocery shopping. Aretha meant so much to the music industry and we will forever miss her.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Faith Walking: Fight In The Spirit [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Help The Young Mommas [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Community Connection Friday September 21
- Community Connection Thursday September 20
- EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: Warryn & Erica Campbell Team Up To Release Their First Duet Together, “All Of My Life” [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: “Being Unforgiving Can Make You Sick”
- DUET (‘ALL OF MY LIFE’) FROM WARRYN AND ERICA CAMPBELL SET FOR WORLDWIDE RELEASE TODAY!!
- Donnie McClurkin Unveiled New Songs During Live Concert Special
- Ericaism: Who Are You Working For? [EXCLUSIVE]
- GRIFF’s Prayer About Not Being A Vegetarian Anymore
Fred Hammond Recalls The Day Aretha Franklin Was Crowned The Queen Of Soul was originally published on GetUpErica.com