Aretha Franklin was an icon that so many will never forget. Fred Hammond spoke about being from Detroit just like Aretha and how proud she was of it. He watched her transition from “Ri-Ri” to Aretha Franklin.
Fred even recalls the day listening to the radio and crowned the Queen Of Soul. She set a trend like no one has ever and even spoke about how she would talk to fans while doing her own grocery shopping. Aretha meant so much to the music industry and we will forever miss her.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Ericaism: Someone Is Praying For You [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: GQ Crowns Serena Williams “Woman Of The Year,” “School Daze” Turns 30 & More
- How Pastor Marvin Winans Is Creating A Space For Men & Women To Work Together [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- TV ONE’S ORIGINAL HOLIDAY FEATURE ‘MERRY WISHMAS’ STARRING THE MANNS & TOWANDA BRAXTON
- Award-Winning Singer Sandi Patty on Bible Study Fellowship’s Role in Her Faith
- Ericaism: That Right There, God
- Aretha Franklin Gospel Documentary “Amazing Grace” Being Released
- Crowder Releases New Single “Let It Rain” Featuring Mandisa
- David and Tamela Mann Memoir “Us Against The World” Available Today
- Love Talking: Be Honest About The Little Things [VIDEO]
Fred Hammond Recalls The Day Aretha Franklin Was Crowned The Queen Of Soul was originally published on GetUpErica.com