Aretha Franklin was an icon that so many will never forget. Fred Hammond spoke about being from Detroit just like Aretha and how proud she was of it. He watched her transition from “Ri-Ri” to Aretha Franklin.
Fred even recalls the day listening to the radio and crowned the Queen Of Soul. She set a trend like no one has ever and even spoke about how she would talk to fans while doing her own grocery shopping. Aretha meant so much to the music industry and we will forever miss her.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Community Connection Tuesday April 23
- WATCH: TASHA COBBS LEONARD – ‘UNSUNG’ (FULL EPISODE)
- Artist & Comedian Jermaine Dolly Joins Praise Indy Team!
- Randy Weston Of Judah Band Joins Praise Indy, Will Host ‘Praise Break’ On AM 1310 & 92.7 FM
- Bishop T.D. Jakes Shares How The Death Of His Mother & Daughter Getting Pregnant At A Young Age Inspired His New Book
- J MOSS RETURNS W/ NEW SINGLE “VICTORY”
- NEW BIRTH BAILS NONVIOLENT OFFENDERS OUT OF JAIL
- SUNDAY BEST IS BACK JUNE 30TH ON BET WITH HOST KIRK FRANKLIN
- KIRK FRANKLIN ‘JUST FOR ME’ IN STUDIO PERFORMANCE
- NEW MUSIC VIDEO: DEITRICK HADDON – ‘HE CARRIED THE CROSS FOR ME’
The World Pays Tribute To The Legacy Of Aretha Franklin
1. Alicia KeysSource: 1 of 14
2. Ariana GrandeSource: 2 of 14
3. Apollo TheaterSource: 3 of 14
4. Patti LaBelleSource: 4 of 14
5. Barbra StreisandSource: 5 of 14
6. Don LemonSource: 6 of 14
7. Harlem Gospel Choir On GMASource: 7 of 14
8. FantasiaSource: 8 of 14
9. Celine DionSource: 9 of 14
10. Clive DavisSource: 10 of 14
11. Stax RecordsSource: 11 of 14
12. Aretha Franklin’s Childhood Home In Memphis, TennesseeSource: 12 of 14
13. Hollywood Walk Of FameSource: 13 of 14
14. Oprah WinfreySource: 14 of 14
Fred Hammond Recalls The Day Aretha Franklin Was Crowned The Queen Of Soul was originally published on GetUpErica.com