Everything You Need To Know About Baltimore City’s State Attorney Marilyn Mosby
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Marilyn Mosby is the youngest chief prosecutor in any major U.S. city.
1 of 10
2. The 35-year-old state attorney is a registered Democrat who’s dedicated to creating an atmosphere of transparency and accountability in Baltimore City.
2 of 10
3. Her husband is councilman Nick Mosby. The two met while attending Tuskegee University in Alabama.
3 of 10
4. Marilyn Mosby is a Boston native who attended Boston College Law School.
4 of 10
5. Marilyn comes from a family of police officers. Her uncles, father, and grandfather were all police officers. Her grandfather was actually one of the first African-American officers in Massachusetts.
5 of 10
6. Marilyn’s a mother of two little girls. She was elected in office back in November 2014, and became widely known as the crime crusader.
6 of 10
7. Before becoming a state attorney, Marilyn was an attorney for Liberty Mutual Insurance.
7 of 10
8. Marilyn’s only been on the job since January. Before becoming a state attorney, she was an assistant state attorney.
8 of 10
9. It wasn’t until her cousin was murdered in 1994 that Marilyn decided she wanted to dedicate her life to the criminal justice system.
9 of 10
10. When she was only six-years-old, Mosby was accepted in a school desegregation program in Massachusetts. Her experience in the program later prompted her to participate in a study of the civil rights movement.
10 of 10