In case you’ve been buried under a rock, you should know that Kirk Franklin is a megastar in the world of gospel music. His albums have sold millions of copies around the world, and he is a major force for Christians seeking a good rhythm to underlie their spiritual challenges.
Here are a few other things you may or may not know about Franklin:
1) He is from Forth Worth, Texas, raised by his Great Aunt Gertrude after being abandoned by his mother as a baby
2) His aunt sold aluminum cans to pay for Kirk’s piano lessons as a child. He could read and write music at an early age, often playing by ear
3) He received his first contract offer at the age of seven, which his aunt turned down.
4) Franklin became choir director at the Mr. Rose Adventist Church at the age of 11
5) “Kirk Franklin & The Family” was formed in 1992 as a collection of Kirk’s friends. Vicki Mack Lataillade, co-founder of GospoCentric, heard the group’s demo and signed them to a contract immediately
CLICK HERE to read story
article courtesy of AllChristianNews.com