It’s official: GOP frontrunner Donald Trump has enough delegates to clinch the Republican nomination, making the road to November 8, 2016 a clearer path in an already complicated and bitter election season.
The AP writes:
Trump was put over the top in the Associated Press delegate count by a small number of the party’s unbound delegates who told the AP they would support him at the convention. Among them is Oklahoma GOP chairwoman Pam Pollard.
“I think he has touched a part of our electorate that doesn’t like where our country is,” Pollard said. “I have no problem supporting Mr. Trump.”
It takes 1,237 delegates to win the Republican nomination for president. Trump has reached 1,238. With 303 delegates at stake in five state primaries on June 7, Trump will easily pad his total, avoiding a contested convention in Cleveland in July.
How do you feel about Trump’s nomination? Let us know in the comments below.
SOURCE: AP | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
10 Black Trump Supporters
1. Ben CarsonSource:Getty 1 of 9
2. Herschel WalkerSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. OmarosaSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. Dennis RodmanSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. Stacey DashSource:Getty 5 of 9
6. Mike TysonSource:Getty 6 of 9
7. Terrell OwensSource:Getty 7 of 9
8. Azealia BanksSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. Latrell SprewellSource:Getty 9 of 9
Trump Reaches Magic Number Of Delegates To Clinch Uncontested GOP Nomination was originally published on newsone.com