There are many gospel songs that touch the hearts of the masses with a message of hope.
This year, Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI) pointed out 10 of the most performed songs of 2016.
The organization that represents more than 750,000 songwriters, composers, and publishers with nearly 12 million musical works, has unveiled the top melodies from its affiliated songwriters.
Here are the 10 most performed songs of 2016 that captivated gospel music lovers everywhere:
1. “123 Victory” written and performed by Kirk Franklin
2. “Bless This House” written and performed by Dorinda Clark-Cole with co-writers Saeed Renaud, Rodrick Simmons and Fields Blanchard, Jr.
3. “How Awesome Is Our God” co-written by Neville Diedericks, Israel and Meleasa Houghton and performed by Israel & New Breed featuring Yolanda Adams
4. “I’m Good” written and performed by Tim Bowman, Jr. with co-writers Rodney Jenkins and Marvin Winans, Jr.
5. “I’m Yours” written by Korey Bowie and performed by Casey J
6. “Intentional” written by Victor Navejar and performed by Travis Greene
7. “Thank You Jesus (That’s What He’s Done), written by Myron Butler and performed by Kim Burrell
8. “Worth Fighting For” written by Aaron Lindsey and performed by Brian Courtney Wilson
9. “Yes You Can” written and performed by Marvin Sapp with co-writer Jarmone E. Davis
10. “You Love Me (Best of My Love)” written and performed by Anita Wilson
source: EEW Magazine Gospel News
Powerful Music That Moved You: BMI’s Top 10 Most Performed Gospel Songs of 2016 was originally published on praisecleveland.com