(HOUSTON) — The attorney for a man accused of killing six members of his ex-wife’s family said it could be a while before his client goes on trial.
Ronald Lee Haskell is charged with capital murder for the execution of six members of the Stay family in Spring on July 9.
The Latest News Headlines, Traffic and Weather: Follow @news92fm
“The defense is entitled to copies of police reports, autopsy reports, ballistics reports, that sort of thing,” attorney Douglas Durham said.
Durham said it takes a while for the state to prepare those reports, and he still has not received them.
Haskell was expected to be in court Monday, but his appearance was rescheduled for Sept. 30.
The Utah native collapsed before the judge during his last court appearance on July 11.
Haskell is accused of posing as a FedEx delivery driver to gain entry into the Stay family’s home. He then allegedly tied them up and asked where his wife was before shooting them all execution-style.
The only survivor was daughter Cassidy Stay, who reportedly lived through the attack by playing dead.
The victims were related to Haskell’s ex-wife, deputies said. He and his ex, Melanie, were divorced on Valentine’s Day.
- Cassidy Stay Closes Tragic Chapter with Heartfelt Gratitude
- J.K. Rowling Sends Letter to Spring Family Massacre Survivor Cassidy Stay
- STAY STRONG: Funeral Honors Victims of Spring Family Massacre
- Spring Family Massacre Survivor Released from Hospital
- Spring Family Massacre Suspect Collapses in Court; Insanity Defense Expected
- Spring Family Massacre: Grief Grips Neighbors as Man Charged in Murders
- Harris County PSA on Domestic Violence, Protective Orders [WATCH]
- Danger Heightened When Leaving Domestic Violence Situation, Expert Says
Stay with NEWS 92 FM as we continue covering this case.
Attorney: Trial of Spring Family Massacre Suspect Could Be a While was originally published on news92fm.com
8 Signs You Are Under Spiritual Attack
How did Gospel Artist Tonex Become Gay Activist B-Slade?
Maeta Talks Music & Performing in Her Hometown with B. Swift
Butter Art Fair Presented By Gang Gang Kicked Off In Indianapolis
Deitrick Haddon Ex-wife, Damita Haddon, Finally Breaks Her Silence!
Join The @PraiseIndy Mobile Text Club!
Radio One General Promotional Rules
TV One Celebrates Juneteenth With ‘The Color Of Courage’ Airing Monday 9/8 C On TV One