- Colorful heirloom tomatoes, sliced into half-moons
- Burrata cheese
- Rice noodles, cooked, at room temperature
- 8 1/2″ rice paper (spring roll) wrappers
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil & balsamic vinegar as dip
- Fill a pie plate with cold water. Dip a rice paper wrapper in the water until it becomes slightly pliable then spread it flat between two clean damp towels. Lift off the top towel then assemble the roll.
- Place three tomato slices about an inch from the bottom of the wrapper. Top with noodles, burrata, chiffonade of basil, season with salt.
- Roll the bottom of the rice paper over the tomato mix as tight as possible to complete one turn, then fold in the sides.
- Place three more tomato slices and petite basil leaves on the rice paper then finish rolling into a tight package.
- Place the bright green side of small basil leaves facing out, that makes a very pretty presentation when the roll is completed.
- Cover with a damp towel until ready to serve, but don’t let them touch or they’ll stick together. Serve with fruity olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar as a dip.
Also On AM 1310: The Light: