As the wind chills Thursday are expected to reach as low as 20 below zero, local schools and businesses are implementing weather plans to keep children and customers safe.
Indianapolis Public Schools, Perry, Pike and Hamilton South Eastern are all operating on a two-hour delay today. To see if your school is open or delayed, click HERE.
- Indiana Homeland Security says you should avoid being outside if possible because frostbite can occur quickly on exposed skin.
- Layer up if you have to go outside.
- Check on the elderly, sick or shut-in.
- Let your faucets drip to avoid frozen pipes.
- Move your outside animals inside.