The annual “Bible Reading Marathon” is on the steps of the U.S. Capitol this week. Scripture will be read aloud, uninterrupted, for just under four days straight.
“Because the Bible is at the heart of America’s founding principles, it should be voiced at the heart of our Federal Government, exhorting our nation to return to God’s precepts,” the vision statement on the website for DC Bible Marathon explains.
“Therefore, it is our desire to publicly read God’s Holy Word on the steps of the nation’s Capitol, every year, for ninety consecutive hours.”
Established in 1990, the marathon brings hundreds of Christians to Washington D.C. to the front of the Capitol Building to read aloud the entire Word of God publicly from cover to cover, with no commentary. The marathon is a ministry of Seedline International, headquartered in Brazil, Indiana.
CLICK HERE to read story
Celebrating the Winans [Photos]
1.Source: 1 of 13
2.Source: 2 of 13
3.Source: 3 of 13
4.Source: 4 of 13
5.Source: 5 of 13
6.Source: 6 of 13
7.Source: 7 of 13
8. 2014 US Open - Day 1Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. 2014 Soul Train Music Awards - Red CarpetSource:Getty 9 of 13
10. 2014 Soul Train Music Awards - Style StageSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. Centric Presents: The 2014 Soul Train Awards - ShowSource:Getty 11 of 13
12. Centric Presents: The 2014 Soul Train Awards - ShowSource:Getty 12 of 13
13. Centric Presents: The 2014 Soul Train Awards - ShowSource:Getty 13 of 13
Annual 90-Hour ‘Bible Reading Marathon’ At US Capitol, Prelude To National Day of Prayer was originally published on praisecleveland.com