1. Marilyn Mosby is the youngest chief prosecutor in any major U.S. city.
2. Her husband is councilman Nick Mosby. The two met while attending Tuskegee University in Alabama.
3. Marilyn Mosby is a Boston native who attended Boston College Law School.
4. Marilyn comes from a family of police officers. Her uncles, father, and grandfather were all police officers. Her grandfather was actually one of the first African-American officers in Massachusetts.
5. It wasn’t until her cousin was murdered in 1994 that Marilyn decided she wanted to dedicate her life to the criminal justice system.
6. When she was only six-years-old, Mosby was accepted in a school desegregation program in Massachusetts. Her experience in the program later prompted her to participate in a study of the civil rights movement.