NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — Kenya’s internal security minister says the death toll from an attack on a bus stop in the capital has risen to six.
George Saitoti said Sunday that 63 people were injured in the attack at a downtown bus stop in Nairobi on Saturday night. Police said it seemed that three explosive devices, possibly grenades, had been thrown from a moving vehicle into a crowd.
‘LIKE’ NewsOne’s FB Page To Stay Up On Black News From Around The World
Saitoti says Kenyan authorities suspect sympathizers with Somalia’s al-Qaida-linked al-Shabab militia are behind the attack.
The group has been linked to a string of attacks on Kenyan soil after Kenya sent troops into Somalia in October.
Kenya was worried that instability from Somalia’s 21-year-old civil war was spilling across the two countries’ shared border.