And in one of our favorite segments on Kimmel’s late night show, the president even read mean tweets about himself.
Seriously, you don’t want to miss that part.
Check out some of Obama’s most interesting soundbites below:
Obama discusses Ferguson shooting
“What we have to make sure is the folks that disregard and disrespect the other side, the people that resort to violence, that they’re marginalized,” he said, according to a transcript in the Daily Beast. “They’re not the majority. In the same way that you can’t generalize about police officers who do an extraordinarily tough job, overwhelmingly they do it professionally, you can’t generalize about protesters who, it turns out, had some very legitimate grievances.”
Obama reads mean tweets
Obama disses Kanye
Kimmel seized the opportunity to tackle Obama’s strained relationship with fellow Chicagoan Kanye West, who recently boasted at a talk with Oxford University students that he has a direct line to famous people, including the president. Kimmel asked Obama if it’s true.
“I’ve met Kanye twice,” Obama said, according to the Daily Beast. “The first time was when I was a senator and he was with his mom. He’d just gotten big. He’s from Chicago, so they wanted to meet, and he was very soft-spoken and very gracious. He was a young guy, and hadn’t quite come into his own. And about six months ago, he came to an event and, look, I love his music and he’s incredibly creative. I don’t think I’ve got his home number.”
Watch a portion of Obama’s appearance above.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
The Obama Years: Our First Family
1. The Obama Years: Our First Family1 of 12
2. The Obama Years: Our First Family2 of 12
3. The Obama Years: Our First Family3 of 12
4. The Obama Years: Our First Family4 of 12
5. The Obama Years: Our First Family5 of 12
6. The Obama Years: Our First Family6 of 12
7. The Obama Years: Our First Family7 of 12
8. The Obama Years: Our First Family8 of 12
9. The Obama Years: Our First Family9 of 12
10. The Obama Years: Our First Family10 of 12
11. The Obama Years: Our First Family11 of 12
12. The Obama Years: Our First Family12 of 12
Barack Obama Live! President Talks Ferguson Cop Shooting, Reads Mean Tweets In Jimmy Kimmel Appearance was originally published on newsone.com