Nearly four years ago, we reported that Kim Coles, comedian and actress, best known for her role as Synclaire James on “Living Single” got married to a man named Reggie McKiver.
Sadly, now, according to The Blast, the two are calling it quits.
Documents obtained by the site show that Coles filed for divorce just shy of four years of marriage. The two tied the knot in a small ceremony in the Dominican Republic on June 17, 2015.
Text “ERICA” to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Coles shared the announcement on Facebook.
The Daily Mail reported that at the time of their wedding, McKiver, 41, was a former SWAT police officer and health food store owner.
The two met at a natural hair expo where McKiver was hired to be her security detail for the event. They started talking and Coles said that he eventually won her over with an intimate palm reading.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Later, he proposed to her at Olive Garden. He did so without a ring but later, his sister found their mother’s long-lost engagement ring and he presented that to Coles.
After their private beach ceremony, the couple hosted a larger event in Los Angeles which was documented on “David Tutera’s Celebrations.”
Coles, 53, was previously married to Aton Edwards from 1985 to 1995.
This story was originally posted on madamenoire.com.
#BlackExcellence: 13 Upcoming TV Shows And Films We Can’t Wait To See
1. The Third Season Of “Insecure”Source: 1 of 13
2. Jill Scott in Tracey Oliver’s “First Wives Club” TV ShowSource: 2 of 13
3. Barry Jenkins’ “If Beale Street Could Talk”Source: 3 of 13
4. Ava DuVernay’s “Central Park Five”Source: 4 of 13
5. Jordan Peele’s Thriller “Us”Source: 5 of 13
6. Octavia Spencer Starring In Janine Sherman Barrois’ Madame CJ Walker Limited SeriesSource: 6 of 13
7. Zendaya In Producer Drake’s HBO Drama “Euphoria”Source: 7 of 13
8. Angel Kristi Williams’ Debut Feature “Really Love”Source: 8 of 13
9. Spike Lee’s “BlackKlansman”Source: 9 of 13
10. Harlem Gentrification Sci-Fi Film “Little Apple”Source: 10 of 13
11. Amandla Stenberg in “The Hate You Give”Source: 11 of 13
12. Lena Waithe and Kid Fury’s Upcoming HBO Dark ComedySource: 12 of 13
13. Viola Davis in “Widows”Source: 13 of 13
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- Tasha Cobbs Leonard Launches Athletic Apparel Line For Women With Curves [VIDEO]
- White Woman Who Called Michelle Obama ‘An Ape In Heels’ Sentenced To Prison For FEMA Fraud
- Detroit High School For Underserved Youth Has 100 Percent College Acceptance Rate
- Kirk Franklin Opens Up About His Relationship With Kanye West For The First Time Ever [VIDEO]
Kim Coles Files For Divorce From Husband Reggie McKiver was originally published on GetUpErica.com