Swimming in the ocean takes different skills, so before you get your feet wet, it’s best to learn how to swim in the surf. You should also swim only at a lifeguard-protected beach, within the designated swimming area. Obey all instructions and orders from lifeguards.
- Keep Kids Within Arm’s Reach Especially in the sea, but also on land.
- Don’t Dive In 2/3 of catastrophic neck injuries occur in open water and the sea.
- Knee Deep Is Too Deep Strong winds, waves and currents create dangerous rip currents that can sweep a child out to sea.
- Know Before You Go Know your flags – Red means stop; Green means go.
- Take Frequent Breaks Every hour take a sun, water or bathroom break.
Make sure to read: Modest Bathing Suits To Wear Now
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!