Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana and the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department are teaming up again this summer to feed the city’s hungry and most vulnerable. WRTV-6 is reporting the CARE Mobile Food Pantry began services on Monday and will continue through August 27. There are six distribution centers with plenty of volunteers from the city’s emergency crews that will be open to the public. Organizes ask that you bring your own bags to take the food home. Today, they will serve in the Kroger Parking lot from 4 to 6 p.m. this afternoon in the 2600 block of West Michigan Street. No ID will be required.
Here’s the complete list of pantry locations:
- Mondays – 4-6 p.m. — Mt. Zion Apostolic Church, 4900 E. 38th St. (will be closed July 4)
- Tuesdays – 4-6 p.m. — Kroger Parking lot, 2630 W. Michigan St. (across from IMPD Southwest District HQ)
- Wednesdays – 4-6 p.m. — Eastside Community Baptist Church, 438 Wallace Ave.
- Thursdays – 4-6 p.m. — Christ Our King Church, 2701 N. California St.
- Saturdays – 10 a.m. -12 p.m. — Trinity Episcopal Church, 3243 N. Meridian St.
- Saturdays – 10 a.m. -12 p.m. — Fervent Prayer Church, 10512 E. 38th St.
# (@PraiseIndy) #
Send your press releases, news tips and show requests to me at the station three ways: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 317-923-9696 x 509 (leaving a message), or Fax: 317-261-4664. Be sure to follow me on Twitter @kwellscomm. For “Access Indy with Kim Wells” specifically, story tips, etc…email AccessIndy@radio.fm.“Access Indy with Kim Wells” airs Sunday mornings at 8 a.m. Eastern on Sister Station – 106.7 WTLC. Listen on-air, on-line (tlcnaptown.com), or by app.
#WTLCIndyNews #PraiseIndyNews praiseindy.com