James 1:2 (NLT) ‘Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.’
I used to often ponder why would God allow this scripture to make it in the bible.
Why would I ever ‘count it all joy’ when I am living in a reality of trouble?
Especially when this trouble is causing me so much anguish and pain. I know that in the famous words of Frankie Beverly he sings about ‘Joy and Pain are like sunshine and rain’. So can it be possible to live a life of joy while experiencing pain? It took me some time to really reflect on this and then I read the next verse that says ‘knowing that the testing of our faith produces endurance’.
S,o I began to understand that the deep underline feeling of joy comes as we go through the trials of life, with God’s help, and a deeper faith is being produced in us. So, although I may not feel happy due to the pain I may be experiencing, I can be joyful because as a child of God I know that he is working something in and around me that is for my good.
You know back in the day when you would skin your knee and your momma would put alcohol on it?
My, would it hurt but she did it because it was good for you. It was important for the safety of that wound and for the healing of it.
Obviously, We are not going to run around town flipping cartwheels when We are in pain or going through trouble but I can have joy…unspeakable, deep down in my soul because I KNOW that God is working everything for my good because he loves me and I am His own.
Niyoki (Nie-yo-kee), an African name meaning “serious minded and responsible,” was given to her by her mother. At age five, Niyoki began performing with her parents and siblings in the White Family and remained with the group through high school. They recorded five albums and toured the Midwest and Southeast on weekends and during the summer, opening for such established artists as Shirley Caesar, The Williams Brothers, The Highway QC’s, The Canton Spirituals, and The Truthettes. Niyoki and her three sisters went on to form an R&B group called Milenia, which led to them singing backgrounds and opening shows for Prince. After a while, Niyoki took time off to pray and recorded her debut solo project, ‘My Everything,’ released on D2G Records in Nashville, Tenn. The lead track, “He’s Here,” was named the 27th most-played gospel song of 2007 by R&R (Radio and Records). Niyoki’s sophomore project ‘REST’ spawned the chart-topping hits “Joy” and “Never Gave Up,” which radio continues to enjoy and play regularly. Niyoki eventually returned home to Fort Wayne, Ind. to accept a position in the music department at Union Baptist Church where she presently works as the Ministry department head. Niyoki signed with Uncle G records this summer and will have new music coming out soon.
Make sure to read:
- DeWayne Woods Shares What He Learned From Yolanda Adams [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Why I Stayed With My Abusive Pastor Husband
- Jamie Grace On What It Really Means To “Do Life Big” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
The Stars Of Gospel [PHOTOS]
1. Marvin Sapp1 of 49
2. Lexi2 of 49
3. Alexis Spight3 of 49
4. Kirk Franklin4 of 49
5. Marvin and Malinda Sapp5 of 49
6. Kirk Franklin6 of 49
7. Lexi7 of 49
8. Alexis Spight8 of 49
9. Marvin Sapp9 of 49
10. Lexi10 of 49
11. Kirk Franklin and Tammy Collins11 of 49
12. Marvin Sapp12 of 49
13. Kirk Franklin13 of 49
14. Alexis Spight14 of 49
15. Lexi15 of 49
16. Marvin Sapp16 of 49
17. Kirk Franklin17 of 49
18. Alexis Spight18 of 49
19. Tamela Mann and Kirk Franklin19 of 49
20. Marvin Sapp20 of 49
21. Marvin Sapp and Kirk Franklin21 of 49
22. Lexi22 of 49
23. Marvin Sapp23 of 49
24. Kirk Franklin24 of 49
25. Lexi25 of 49
26. Marvin Sapp26 of 49
27. Kirk Franklin27 of 49
28. Earnest Pugh28 of 49
29. Marvin Sapp29 of 49
30. Marvin and Malinda Sapp30 of 49
31. Earnest Pugh31 of 49
32. Marvin Sapp32 of 49
33. Earnest Pugh33 of 49
34. Earnest Pugh34 of 49
35. Earnest Pugh35 of 49
36. Earnest Pugh36 of 49
37. tasha-cobbs-201337 of 49
38. james-fortune-tasha-cobbs-201338 of 49
39. tasha-cobbs-2013-glenn-woods39 of 49
40. tasha-cobbs-2014-getty-royce-degrie40 of 49
41. pastorhezekiah-walker141 of 49
42. hezekiah-walker-yolanda-adams-tamela-mann-vashawn-mitchell-dorinda-clark-cole-donald-lawrence-2013-getty-marcus-ingram42 of 49
43. donnie-mcclurkin-tamela-mann-erica-campbell-yolanda-adams-hezekiah-walker-vashawn-mitchell-243 of 49
44. donnie-mcclurkin-tamela-mann-erica-campbell-yolanda-adams-hezekiah-walker-vashawn-mitchell-2013-steve-bracey44 of 49
45. donnie-mcclurkin-tamela-mann-erica-campbell-yolanda-adams-vashawn-mitchell-hezekiah-walker-2013-steve-bracey45 of 49
46. zacardi-cortez-2012-dl46 of 49
47. zacardi-cortez-201347 of 49
48. zacardi-cortez-2014-bmi-erica-goldring48 of 49
49. zacardi-cortez-2014-getty-royce-degrie49 of 49
Niyoki’s Reflections: Joy And Pain Are Siblings To Blessings was originally published on elev8.com